Sunday 8 January 2012

The Jake Humphrey decline momentum.

So in the past six months. I have noticed a change in someone.
It all started when the BBC announced that the coverage of the F1 was to be shared with Sky.

Most people were quite angry about this.
(Me included. The blog post about all that debacle is here.)

This even included some of the presenters of the BBC F1 coverage.
But just one comment from one person changed my whole perception of how much they really loved F1.
That proved to me. That F1 was a just job to them not a real passion. Even though they made out that was the case

That person is Jake Humphrey.


Now of course I don't want to think one comment made me hate Jake.
Of course not, I don't tend to hate anyone and I certainly don't dislike someone just for a comment.

It's just been in recent months.
Jake Humphrey has hit the smug button and kept running.
And smug to me. Is very off putting.

It started off with the comment that just after the BBC/Sky issue, that the BBC will still have all the races.

Jake jumped in by saying roughly
"Oh but the BBC will have all the races next year and it's going to be marvellous."
But when the BBC just has delayed edited highlights for 2012 and if the last few months were anything to  go by. The BBC F1 coverage went a bit downhill any ways.



But then little things started creeping in.
That made me think that Jake is up his own arse.

His tweets do not help the situation.
Lately his tweets have gone from nice cheeky banter, a bit of F1 and little bit of Norwich.
To full on Norwich, lots of fitness related pluggery, how many times Jake is on the beeb this week and even less F1 (And this wasn't based on the off season tweeting.)

Again twitter is his personal view and if I wanted to I could unfollow him.
Twitter is not the full basis of this dislike.

I just feel like lately Jake has got smug.
Even on the BBC F1 review. (Which was pretty dire compared to previous efforts) I just didn't want to listen to Jake. I would of preferred an F1 clip show.
Now Jake has recently announced that he is writing a book about his time in F1, which six months ago I would have be first in line for.

Now though I just feel like I really couldn't care less about what Jake Humphrey has to say... about anything.

Maybe this is just me.
But I need to know if there is anyone else out there.

Comment below or tweet me @squiffany













No comments:

Post a Comment