Saturday 31 March 2012

Twelve years on: A letter from a young fan, all grown up.

Dearest Jenson Button,

Many years ago, when I (Tiff) was only twelve years old, I wrote a letter to you.

My letter proudly proclaimed that I was your biggest fan and might of mentioned that I loved you a little bit. I think I even did a drawing as well. (My artistic prowess was, of course, unparalleled.)

Now twelve years later, I am again writing you a letter. Except this time it's not in felt tip and I don't have to save up for a stamp with my precious pocket money.

We're still your biggest fans, but this time our reason for writing is this:
We want... the man, the myth, the legend, your dad on twitter.

We've been lucky to see him in action alongside you over the years, through the highs...



...And the impossibly-adorable lows...



It's moments like this that made us realise just how cool your dad is. Basically, we think the world needs more of your dad's charm, wit and wisdom and we're sure Twitter is the place to spread the joy.

We've even got a brilliant idea for a TV show called- 'Drinking with John Button'. We're sure you'll agree that your dad would be the perfect person to follow around the pubs, bars and clubs of the world during an F1 season.

But aside from that, what we really want is the man himself sharing his thoughts in the Twitterverse. So please, on behalf of us, your fans and the whole F1 community, help us get #JohnButtonOnTwitter

Signed
Tiff Fletcher (Then aged 12 and a half, now aged 24 and a half - @squiffany) &
Vicky Selwyn (Then aged nine and one third, now aged 21 and one third - @F1_Obsessive)




No comments:

Post a Comment